Businesses, Click Here is not a consumer reporting agency as defined by the Fair Credit Reporting Act (“FCRA”). You understand and acknowledge that these reports are NOT “consumer reports” as defined by the FCRA. Your access and use of a report is subject to our Terms of Service and you expressly acknowledge that you are prohibited from using this service and this report to determine an individual’s eligibility for credit, insurance, employment or any other purpose regulated by the FCRA.

ALERT provides access to CRIMINAL, PUBLIC, and VITAL RECORDS (arrest records, warrants, felonies, misdemeanors, sexual offenses, mugshots, criminal driving violations, convictions, jail records, legal judgments, and more) aggregated from a variety of sources, such as county sheriff's offices, police departments, courthouses, incarceration facilities, and municipal, county and other public and private sources. is a privately owned, independently run resource for government-generated public records. It is not operated by, affiliated or associated with any state, local or federal government or agency. is not a consumer reporting agency as defined by the Fair Credit Reporting Act ("FCRA") and should not be used to determine an individual's eligibility for personal credit or employment, tenant screening or to assess risk associated with a business transaction. You understand and agree that you may not use information provided by for any unlawful purpose, such as stalking or harassing others, and including for any purpose under the FCRA.

This website contains information collected from public and private resources. cannot confirm that information provided is accurate or complete. Please use any information provided responsibly.

By clicking "I Agree," you consent to our Terms of Use and are authorizing to conduct a people research to identify preliminary results of the search subject you entered. You understand and agree that search reports will only be available with a purchase.

Norwalk Arrest, Court, and Public Records

What are Norwalk Public Records?

As defined by the CPRA, public records include any writing containing information prepared, owned, used, or retained by any state or local agency regardless of physical form or characteristic. This definition is intended to cover most records involved in the governmental process. However, some exemptions exist. Custodians may deny access to records that contain:

  • Preliminary draft notes
  • Personal information unrelated to the conduct of the public's business.
  • Records from ongoing investigation
  • Confidential information
  • Trade Secrets
  • Financial records
  • Records from pending litigation

In addition to government agencies, public city records may be accessible from third-party websites. Record seekers may use these non-governmental platforms to search for a specific record or multiple city records. However, users will need to provide enough information to assist with the search, such as:

  • The address of the requestor
  • A case number or file number (if known)
  • The location of the document or person involved
  • The name of the subject involved in the record (not juvenile)
  • The last known or current address of the registrant

Government agencies do not sponsor third-party sites. Because of this, record availability and results may vary.

Are Norwalk Criminal Records Public?

Access to Norwalk criminal records varies, depending on the type of record. While arrest reports and police records may be available to the public, the California Department of Justice only processes criminal history requests for authorized agencies and persons applying for themselves. Eligible persons may submit this request using the live scan form (which is also available in Spanish). Mail submissions should be sent to

California Department of Justice
Bureau of Criminal Identification and Analysis
Record Review & Challenge Section
P.O. Box 160207
Sacramento, CA 95816-0207

The fee for this request is $25 and may be paid by a certified check or money order made payable to “California Department of Justice.”

How to Obtain Police Report and Arrest Records

Norwalk police records can be obtained from the Records and Identification Bureau of the Los Angeles Sheriff Department. Residents can obtain these records in person by visiting the office along with a valid form of identification to:

12440 East Imperial Highway,
Suite 120,
Norwalk, CA 90650.

The office is open from Monday through Thursday, between the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Requesters must have a valid authority to obtain this record. To obtain a police report via mail, interested parties must send a written request containing the name, date of birth, the address where the report should be mailed, and valid notarized identification in a mail with the prescribed fee and addressed to:

Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department
Attention: Correspondence Unit
12440 East Imperial Highway, Suite 400 West
Norwalk, CA 90650

Police reports are typically processed only for victims named in the reports and for those authorized to receive the reports. The fees for these reports vary. Mail requests usually take 10-15 business days.

How to Find Sex Offender Information in Norwalk

The California Department of Justice maintains a registry of sex offenders on the Megan's Law website. Requesters may search for sex offenders using their names. Using the map search tool, requesters may search using ZIP Codes, counties, and cities. They may locate offenders who are close to the search device. Residents can also search for offenders living within a 10-mile radius of a particular location.

How to Find Norwalk Inmate Records

The Los Angeles Sheriff Department maintains the record for Norfolk Inmates. They make this record accessible through their Los Angeles Inmate Information Center website. To make this search, requesters are required to provide information on the last name and first name of the inmate. They may also provide the inmate's middle name and date of birth to help narrow the search.

How Do I Visit an Inmate in Norwalk Jail?

Visitation hours vary for the different correctional facilities as well as the time allocated and the visitation policies. Visitors may obtain information on visiting inmates in the different facilities by checking the Mens' Central Jail visiting information, the Century Regional Detention Facility Information, the Pitchess Detention Center & North County Correctional Facility visiting information, and the Twin Towers Correctional Facility visiting information. Los Angeles County is home to the following correctional facilities:

Mens' Central Jail
441 Bauchet Street,
Los Angeles CA 90012

Century Regional Detention Facility
11705 S. Alameda St.,
Lynwood CA 90262

Pitchess Detention Centre &
North County Correctional Facility
The Old Road,
Castaic CA 90012

Twin Towers Correctional Certificate
450 Bauchet Street,
Los Angeles CA 90012

Conducting a search is subject to our Terms of Service and Privacy Notice.

What are Norwalk Vital Records

Norwalk's vital records consist of information on life events maintained by the government. Examples would include birth certificates, death certificates, marriage certificates, and divorce decrees. Residents can obtain most of these records by submitting an application to the local custodian agency.

Where and How to Obtain Norwalk Divorce Records

Divorce records in California can be obtained either through the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) or through the superior court where the divorce was filed. The CDPH kept divorce records from 1962 to June 1984. The department accepts mail or in-person requests. Record seekers will need to download and send a completed application form to:

The California Department of Public Health
Vital records- MS 5103
P.O. Box 997410
Sacramento, CA 95899-7410

Submitted applications must also be accompanied by a processing fee, which can be paid via a check or money order made payable to CDPH-Vital Records.

The Los Angeles superior court also provides a website where interested persons may request certified copies of divorce records electronically. To make the search, requesters will need to provide the case number. The fee for this request is $0.50 per page for the first copy and additional copies. There is also a $15 fee for certification and a $50 fee for exemplification.

Requesters who wish to obtain via mail must send a completed application form with an enclosed blank check made out to Superior Court, County of Los Angeles in a self-addressed stamped envelope mailed to the:

Archives and Records Center
222 North Hill Street, Room 212
Los Angeles, CA 90012, U.S.A

This request may take up to 4-6 weeks to process. On the blank check, requesters are to indicate the amount that should not be exceeded in the request.

Where and How to Get Confidential Marriage Records in Norwalk

Only parties to a marriage are entitled to receive confidential marriage records in Norwalk. Persons who have obtained a court order may also be granted access. To obtain a copy of confidential marriage records, requesters are to complete the application form, attach the fee of $15 paid by check or money order made out to “Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk,” and mail the documents to

Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk
Birth, Death and Marriage Records Section
P.O. Box 489
Norwalk, CA 90651-0489

Where and How to Get Public Norwalk Marriage Records

Marriage records since 1852 can be obtained from the Los Angeles County Clerk-Recorder. Requesters will have to obtain the application form, sign it alongside the notarized certificate of identity, and then together with the fee of $15, which should be paid by check or money order made payable to the “Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk” should be mailed to:

Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk
Birth, Death and Marriage Records Section
P.O. Box 489
Norwalk, CA 90651-0489

Records are processed within 20 days. Persons permitted to obtain a marriage record include:

  • Any of their parents or legal guardian
  • Any of the parties to the marriage.
  • A government official conducting official business
  • A close family member or domestic partner of one of the parties
  • A legal representative to any of the parties or persons empowered by the court to act on behalf of any of the parties

Where and How to Find Norwalk Birth Records

Norwalk birth records may be obtained from the office of the County Clerk for Los Angeles county. To request a copy of a birth record by mail, requesters are to: complete an application form for a birth record and notarized certificate of identity, make sure to sign the application and the certificate of identity, ensure that the certificate of identity is notarized as failure to do so will delay the processing of your request. These documents and a non-refundable fee of $28, which should be paid by check or money order made payable to “Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk,” is to be mailed to:

Registrar-Recorder/ County Clerk
Birth, Death And Marriage Records Section
P.O. Box 489
Norwalk, CA 90651-0489

It should be noted that only the following individuals can request an authorized certified copy of a birth record. Those who do not fall under this category can only request an informational document. Only close family members and those authorized by law will be granted access to a Norwalk birth record.

Where and How to Find Norwalk Death Records

Norwalk death records from 1877 may be obtained from the office of the Los Angeles County Clerk by filling the application form, signing and notarizing the certificate of identity, and then mailing the documents as well as the fee to

Registrar-Recorder/ County Clerk
Birth, Death And Marriage Records Section
P.O. Box 489
Norwalk, CA 90651-0489

The fee for this record is $21. It may be paid via check or money order made payable to “Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk” Only authorized persons are allowed to obtain a copy of a Norwalk death record.