Businesses, Click Here is not a consumer reporting agency as defined by the Fair Credit Reporting Act (“FCRA”). You understand and acknowledge that these reports are NOT “consumer reports” as defined by the FCRA. Your access and use of a report is subject to our Terms of Service and you expressly acknowledge that you are prohibited from using this service and this report to determine an individual’s eligibility for credit, insurance, employment or any other purpose regulated by the FCRA.

ALERT provides access to CRIMINAL, PUBLIC, and VITAL RECORDS (arrest records, warrants, felonies, misdemeanors, sexual offenses, mugshots, criminal driving violations, convictions, jail records, legal judgments, and more) aggregated from a variety of sources, such as county sheriff's offices, police departments, courthouses, incarceration facilities, and municipal, county and other public and private sources. is a privately owned, independently run resource for government-generated public records. It is not operated by, affiliated or associated with any state, local or federal government or agency. is not a consumer reporting agency as defined by the Fair Credit Reporting Act ("FCRA") and should not be used to determine an individual's eligibility for personal credit or employment, tenant screening or to assess risk associated with a business transaction. You understand and agree that you may not use information provided by for any unlawful purpose, such as stalking or harassing others, and including for any purpose under the FCRA.

This website contains information collected from public and private resources. cannot confirm that information provided is accurate or complete. Please use any information provided responsibly.

By clicking "I Agree," you consent to our Terms of Use and are authorizing to conduct a people research to identify preliminary results of the search subject you entered. You understand and agree that search reports will only be available with a purchase.

Garden Grove Arrest, Court, and Public Records

Crime Statistics

The Garden Grove Police Department serves as the main law enforcement agency for the city. It compiles and publishes annual summaries based on complaints and records of internal affairs investigations. Records released for 2017 reveal that the city recorded a total of 4,994 reported crimes. Larceny theft was the most common crime with 2,861 incidents while felony assault was the most common violent crime. Compared to 2017, total crime in the city increased by 41.51%. Auto thefts grew by 40% across the three year period while robberies grew by 79.03%. Conversely, cases of arson and homicides dropped by 8.33% and 16.67%

Criminal Records

The Garden Grove Police Department Records Division processes requests for police records. Interested parties may submit a request by contacting the department at (714) 741-5719. Residents may also submit requests to view or inspect public records of other government departments by submitting a public record request.

Who Can Request a Report

In compliance with California state laws, access to police reports is limited to only authorized persons, namely, victims or witnesses of a crime, insurance carriers, or legal representatives of victims. Requests for juvenile records will require the permission of the presiding judge of Juvenile court.

How to Obtain Information on Registered Sex Offenders

The California Department of Justice maintains statewide records of convicted sex offenders. It provides online access to these records via a public database. Search results include the offender’s name, photograph, date of birth, physical description and the offense for which they were convicted. It also provides zip codes based on the last address.

How to Find Inmate and Jail Information

The Department of Correction for the County of Santa Clara maintains records on inmates, the location of correctional inmate facilities, and daily population statistics. It also provides access to an online web application that interested parties can use to search for inmate booking information. To search the portal, requestors will need either the inmate’s personal file number (PFN), the booking number assigned by the department of correction, or the inmate’s name and the date of booking.

Court Records

The Superior Court of California of the County of Orange maintains court records dating back to 1898. Residents can search for case information and court records in person at the courthouse where the case was filed. Requesters can also obtain records by mail by sending a duly completed copy request form to any Justice center.

In addition, the superior court provides public access to criminal records via an online service. Members of the public can review limited civil and unlimited civil actions in person at the Central Justice Center or request copies of the civil record by mail. Written requests must include case number, the name of the petitioner or defendant, and the name of the defendant. Interested parties may be required to provide valid photo identification along with their request. Acceptable forms of identification include:

  • United States Military ID
  • United States Passport
  • Driver’s License
  • DMV-issued ID
  • Vital Records
  • Vital Records

Garden Grove's vital records can be obtained at the state and county level. Residents can obtain copies of birth certificates, death certificates, and records of domestic partnership. In line with the California Health and Safety Code, only authorized persons may receive certified copies of a report.

Conducting a search is subject to our Terms of Service and Privacy Notice.

Vital Records

How to Find Divorce Records

Records of divorce decrees granted in Garden Grove can be obtained by contacting the Superior Court of California for Orange County. Eligible persons may make requests in person at the Family Law clerk's office on the seventh floor of the Lamoreaux Justice Center. Searches can be conducted by name or case number. Results can also be filtered by the filing date. A $15 fee is charged for certified judgments and $.50 per page of copies. To obtain copies of a court record by mail, authorized persons must submit a completed request form to the:

Superior Court of California, County of Orange,
Family Law Division,
341 The City Drive South,
Orange, CA 92868,

Written requests must specify the type of document required, case number, requester’s name, and contact address.

How to Obtain Certificate of Records for Divorce

Verification letters for divorces granted between 1962 and 2984 can be obtained by contacting the California Department of Public Health. Divorce verification certificates are not the same as divorce decrees. They only provide general information, such as the names of the involved parties, court case number, and the county where the divorce was filed.

How to Get Copies of a Birth/Death Record

The Orange County Clerk-Recorder Department processes requests for birth and death certificates. Authorized residents can obtain authorized copies of birth or death records in person by visiting the North County Branch Office in Anaheim located at:

Wells Fargo Building/Parking
222 S. Harbor Blvd., Ste. 110
Anaheim, CA 92805

Proof of eligibility is required for authorized copies. Unauthorized individuals are provided with a redacted copy with the words “Informational Not a Valid Document to Establish Identity” stamped across it. Applicants must present a valid government-issued I.D and a signed statement attesting to their eligibility. Acceptable forms of payment include cash, personal check (made payable to the Orange County Clerk-Recorder Department), money order, cashier’s check, and credit/debit card.

Written requests made by U.S mail must include a notarized sworn statement and a duly completed application form. A separate form is required for each requested record. Mailed requests should be sent to:

Orange County Clerk-Recorder
Attn: Vital Records
P.O. Box 238
Santa Ana, CA 92702

The department charges $28.00 per copy for birth certificates and $21.00 per copy for death certificates. Applications must also include the requester’s full name and contact information.

Note: Birth certificates involving a legal name change or adoption done within the last six months can be obtained by contacting the State of California Department of Health Services.