CALIFORNIA.STATERECORDS.ORG IS A PRIVATELY OWNED WEBSITE THAT IS NOT OWNED OR OPERATED BY ANY STATE GOVERNMENT AGENCY. is not a consumer reporting agency as defined by the Fair Credit Reporting Act (“FCRA”). You understand and acknowledge that these reports are NOT “consumer reports” as defined by the FCRA. Your access and use of a report is subject to our Terms of Service and you expressly acknowledge that you are prohibited from using this service and this report to determine an individual’s eligibility for credit, insurance, employment or any other purpose regulated by the FCRA.

ALERT provides access to CRIMINAL, PUBLIC, and VITAL RECORDS (arrest records, warrants, felonies, misdemeanors, sexual offenses, mugshots, criminal driving violations, convictions, jail records, legal judgments, and more) aggregated from a variety of sources, such as county sheriff's offices, police departments, courthouses, incarceration facilities, and municipal, county and other public and private sources. is a privately owned, independently run resource for government-generated public records. It is not operated by, affiliated or associated with any state, local or federal government or agency. is not a consumer reporting agency as defined by the Fair Credit Reporting Act ("FCRA") and should not be used to determine an individual's eligibility for personal credit or employment, tenant screening or to assess risk associated with a business transaction. You understand and agree that you may not use information provided by for any unlawful purpose, such as stalking or harassing others, and including for any purpose under the FCRA.

This website contains information collected from public and private resources. cannot confirm that information provided is accurate or complete. Please use any information provided responsibly.

By clicking "I Agree," you consent to our Terms of Use and are authorizing to conduct a people research to identify preliminary results of the search subject you entered. You understand and agree that search reports will only be available with a purchase.

Chula Vista Arrest, Court, and Public Records

Police Reports and Arrest Records

The Chula Vista Police Department maintains and processes different types of records and police information, including incident reports, accident reports and offense reports.

Who Can Obtain a Police Report

Records may be exempted for release if it jeopardizes an individual's right to privacy. Records may also be exempted for if they:

  • Include information that may deprive a person of a fair trial or disclose investigation techniques
  • Include information that may endanger the safety of a person or witness
  • Identify juvenile information
  • Include confidential information
  • Identify victim information

How to Obtain Police Reports

The Chula Vista Police Department processes requests for copies of police reports. Members of the public can make requests in-person or by mail at the:

Chula Vista Police Department
Attn: Police Support Services
315 Fourth Avenue
Chula Vista, CA 91910

Submitted requests must include relevant information such as the date, time, and location of the incident as well as the parties involved. Searches can also be expedited if the requester provides the incident report number. The department charges $1.00 for each copy.

Note: A picture ID is required to obtain police reports. Most requests typically take 10 working days to process.

How to Obtain Inmate Information

The Chula Vista Police Department manages records of persons held in its city jail. Details of recent arrests can be viewed online. Members of the public can also search for inmate's house in correctional facilities managed by the San Diego County Sheriff's department using its inmate locator search tool.

How to Obtain Information on Registered Sex Offenders

The California Department of Justice maintains a searchable public online platform that provides general information on sex offenders in Chula Vista and other parts of the state. It lists names (and any known aliases) of sex offenders, physical descriptions, and the addresses on record. It includes photographs and zip codes as well as a mapping feature that allows individuals to conduct searches using names or proximity to schools and parks.

Court Records

The Superior Court of San Diego provides a searchable online index of cases being held in the court. Members of the public can search for court information by case number, DA number, or party name. Records can also be obtained by mail. To request a record, interested parties must provide the case number and location of the courthouse. Mailed requests must also be accompanied by the appropriate fee, the names of the parties involved, and the names of the documents.

Obtain Court Records in Person

Requesters can obtain case records in person by visiting the courthouse where the case is filed and providing the clerk with the case number. Individuals without a case number will need to search the public index to find the right case. In addition to the case number, requestors must provide a picture identification card.

The court charges $0.50 for each page of an ordered copy. Acceptable payment options include check, money order, cash, or credit card. Upon confirmation of payments, the court provides a pick-up date or contacts the requestor when the search has been completed. Results may be provided within the same day or take longer than two court days.

Conducting a search is subject to our Terms of Service and Privacy Notice.

Vital Records

How to Find Divorce Records

The San Diego Superior Court manages records for divorces that occur in Chula Vista and other parts of the county. Interested parties will need to provide the connected case number to obtain copies of a divorce decree. Case numbers can be found in three different ways:

  1. By contacting the office where the divorce was filed.
  2. By searching online. The court maintains an online index that includes divorces filed after 1974. Searches can be made for a case number using the party name.
  3. Searching in person at the South County Regional Center, located at 500 3rd Avenue, Chula Vista, CA 91910.

Obtaining Divorce Records by Mail

Requests submitted by mail must include a stamped self-addressed envelope with enough postage to have the copies delivered. A $15.00 is charged for certified copies and 50 cents per copy page. Copies of documents retrieved from off-site storage may incur additional fees.

How to Obtain Certificate of Records for Divorce

The California Department of Public Health issues certificates of record for divorces granted between 1962 and June 1984. Requests can be made by completing an application form and mailing it to the:

California Department of Public Health
Vital Records - MS 5103
P.O. Box 997410
Sacramento, CA 95899-7410

Note: Divorce records for cases filed after 2004 that are unavailable online can be obtained at the originating courthouses where the divorce was filed.

How to Find Birth and Death Records

The Office of the County Clerk for the city and county of San Francisco manages different records, including birth, death and marriage certificates. Records of individuals recently born or deceased within the last three years are held by the San Francisco Department of Public Health. In addition, records of births or deaths that occurred outside of San Francisco city can be obtained by contacting the county recorder in the county where it occurred.

Obtaining Copies of Birth and Death Certificates

The SF County Clerk provides two types of birth and death certificate: authorized and information. Both options are certified. Authorized copies are only released to a small group of authorized persons, namely:

  • The registrant (person named on the certificate)
  • Parents or legal guardian
  • Grandparents, child, grandchild, sibling, domestic partner or spouse of the registrant
  • Attorney representing registrant
  • Member of a law enforcement agency conducting official business
  • Surviving next of kin (for death certificates)

Individuals who wish to obtain an authorized birth or death certificate must sign a statement, under penalty of perjury, that they are legally entitled to the document. A non-refundable search fee is charged for birth or death certificates. If the record is found, the County Clerk will issue a certified copy. A Certificate of "No Record" is issued in instances where no record exists.

Obtaining Vital Records in Person

To apply for an authorized copy in person, download and complete an application form for birth certificates or death certificates. Requestors must also provide a valid photo ID that includes their name and date of birth. Accepted forms of identification include a driver's license, military identification, and passport.

Obtaining Birth Records by Mail

Applications for birth and death certificates can also be sent by mail. Requests for authorized certificates must be accompanied by a sworn notarized statement, signed and sent in a stamped, self-addressed envelope to the:

S.F. County Clerk
1 Dr. Carlton B. Goodlett Place
City Hall, Room 168
San Francisco, CA 94102-4678

Processing times for mail-in requests range from seven to ten days from the day of receipt. If a record is not immediately found on file, processing times may be longer. In such events, the County Clerk forwards the request to the State of California Vital Health Department for a wider search.

The office charges $25 for searching a birth record for individuals and $19 for government agencies. This includes a certified copy of the record if found. It also charges $25 for each additional copy. In addition, the county clerk charges $21 for a death record and $21 for each additional copy. Payments made be made in cash or credit card when requests are made in person. Mail-in requests must be accompanied by a personal check, money order or cashier's check made payable to the "SF County Clerk."