Businesses, Click Here is not a consumer reporting agency as defined by the Fair Credit Reporting Act (“FCRA”). You understand and acknowledge that these reports are NOT “consumer reports” as defined by the FCRA. Your access and use of a report is subject to our Terms of Service and you expressly acknowledge that you are prohibited from using this service and this report to determine an individual’s eligibility for credit, insurance, employment or any other purpose regulated by the FCRA.

ALERT provides access to CRIMINAL, PUBLIC, and VITAL RECORDS (arrest records, warrants, felonies, misdemeanors, sexual offenses, mugshots, criminal driving violations, convictions, jail records, legal judgments, and more) aggregated from a variety of sources, such as county sheriff's offices, police departments, courthouses, incarceration facilities, and municipal, county and other public and private sources. is a privately owned, independently run resource for government-generated public records. It is not operated by, affiliated or associated with any state, local or federal government or agency. is not a consumer reporting agency as defined by the Fair Credit Reporting Act ("FCRA") and should not be used to determine an individual's eligibility for personal credit or employment, tenant screening or to assess risk associated with a business transaction. You understand and agree that you may not use information provided by for any unlawful purpose, such as stalking or harassing others, and including for any purpose under the FCRA.

This website contains information collected from public and private resources. cannot confirm that information provided is accurate or complete. Please use any information provided responsibly.

By clicking "I Agree," you consent to our Terms of Use and are authorizing to conduct a people research to identify preliminary results of the search subject you entered. You understand and agree that search reports will only be available with a purchase.

Hayward Arrest, Court, and Public Records

What are Hayward Public Records?

Hayward Public Records provide information related to the conduct of public business. Public records exist in different forms, including photocopied, handwritten, typed, and printed documents. In compliance with the California Public Records Act, no record may be withheld from disclosure unless it is exempt under applicable laws, or unless the public interest served by not making the record public outweighs the public interest serviced by disclosure of the record. Examples of records that may be exempted from public disclosure include, documents containing:

  1. Law Enforcement Investigative Files (Cal. Govt Code §6254, subd. (f))
  2. Confidential or Privilege information (Cal Code §6254, subd. (k))
  3. Personal Information (Cal Code §6254, subd. (c)).
  4. Personal Financial Data.
  5. Notes and Drafts
  6. Litigation Documents (for pending cases)

Hayward Crime Statistics

The Hayward Police Department manages a crime mapping system that shows the where and type of crimes committed in the Hayward Area. The department also provides a raw unsorted compilation of crime data on a monthly basis. According to UCR data released for 2017, the city recorded a total of 5,586 reported incidents. Larceny-theft was the most common crime with 2,740 incidents. It made up 48.7% of total crimes, while auto thefts and burglaries made up 32% and 8.6% respectively. Compared to 2016, the total crime rate increased by 8%. Property crimes increased by 9% while violent crimes decreased by 1%. The city recorded a daily average of 9.48 crimes for every 100,000 residents, making its overall crime rate 26% higher than the national average.

Are Hayward Criminal Records Public?

The Hayward Police Department maintains a high level of transparency with public records. It provides access to a variety of records, some of which may include crime reports, accident reports, and police reports connected to criminal records. Depending on the case, access to some police reports may be restricted to only authorized applicants. Requests can be made by witnesses or victims of a crime, insurance carriers, or legal representatives of victims. Requests for juvenile information will require the permission of the presiding judge of Juvenile court.

How to Obtain Police Reports and Arrest Records

The Haywood Police Department processes requests for police reports. Eligible parties will need to complete and submit a Request for Police Report either by mail or in-person to Hayward Police Department - Front Counter

300 W. Winston Ave.
Hayward, CA 95944

Under the guidelines of Government Code, Section 6254, some reports are not released in their entirety and others may not be released at all. In-person requests are processed at the office from Monday through Friday between 8:00 a.m and 6:00 p.m. All submitted requests should include as much relevant information as possible such as type of incident, police report number, and date and time of the event. The department charges $16.00 for crime and vehicle accident reports. Clearance letters cost $38.00. Residents can also request public police records using the California Public Records Act (CPRA) requests platform. Using this service will require an active account.

How to Find Sex Offender Information in Hayward

The State of California maintains a detailed database of all registered sex offenders in Hayward and all around California. Residents and non-residents can search through this register using a known first and last name. Searches can also be filtered to find information about offenders living within a particular address zone.

How to Find Hayward Inmate Records

The Hayward Police Department runs a Type I Jail that operates 24 hours a day and houses up to 30 prisoners. It also maintains an online inmate locator tool that members of the public can use to access inmate records. It allows searches by Name, Date of Birth, PFN, and more. Members of the public can also access Hayward Inmate Records at the Alameda County Sheriff’s Office.

How Do I Visit an Inmate in Hayward Detention Facility

Inmate visitation at the Hayward Detention Facility is conducted via a video link system which is available to adults over the age of 18 and minor children of inmates when accompanied by a parent of a qualified adult guardian. Visitations are limited to 20 minutes and are subject to availability according to inmate processing. All visitors are subject to local background checks and must provide a valid form of government-issued picture identification.

Court Records

The City of Hayward is located in Alameda County and so it falls under the jurisdiction of the Superior Court of California for the County of Alameda. Members of the public can access court records through the city’s clerk’s office located in the city’s court. The office opens Monday through Friday between 8:30 am and 3:00 pm.

Locations of Courts in Hayward

Hayward Hall of Justice
24405 Amador Street
Hayward, CA 94544.
Phone: (510) 690-2700

Are Hayward Court Records Public?

Court Records in Hayward are open and available to members of the public unless a law or legislation says otherwise. Members of the public are encouraged to make an effort to access whatever public record is needed and find out its availability.

Can You Look Up a Hayward Court Case Online?

The Superior Court of California for the County of Alameda maintains online tools where members of the public can access case records. Members of the public can access Hayward Civil Court Case Records in person for no cost at the court location listed above. Public access terminals and indexes are available for public use at the location. However, records can only be viewed on-site and can not be taken away.

In addition, case information may only be available for cases that have had any activity since 2005. Members of the public can also access Hayward Criminal Court Records in person via Odyssey Kiosks located at public terminals at select court locations.

Conducting a search is subject to our Terms of Service and Privacy Notice.

What are Hayward Vital Records?

Hayward Vital Records are records of life events that occur within the city. Examples include marriage certificates, birth certificates, death certificates, and in some places records of civil unions. Vital records for Hayward, California can be obtained at the county and state levels by eligible members of the public. A valid government-issued picture identification will be required.

Where and How to Obtain Hayward Divorce Records

Divorce Records in Hayward can be obtained at the Alameda County Superior Court by mail or in person. Divorce records cost $15 for a certified copy of a domestic partner dissolution request made by an applicant and $10 when the request is filed by a public agency. In addition, the California Department of Public Health Vital Record office processes requests for divorce verification letters. It maintains and issues certificates of record for divorces granted in the state between 1962 and 1984. Unlike divorce decrees, verification letters only contain general information, such as the court case number, names of the spouses (as at the time of the divorce), and the county where the divorce was filed.

Where and How to Get Confidential Marriage Records in Hayward

Marriage Records in Hayward are accessed through the Alameda County Clerk-Recorder’s Office. Members of the public can process the requests online or via mail. However, the Clerk-Recorder only provides copies of confidential marriage records to eligible parties: namely close relatives, the spouses on record, and anyone authorized by law. Online requests for confidential marriage records may require a notary statement from authorized persons. In-person requests can be submitted at the Clerk-Recorder's Office between 8:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. from Monday to Friday.

Note: In some cases, searches of records for marriage unions created between 1854 and 1970 may take up to 3 business days to complete.

Where and How to Find Hayward Birth Records

Authorized persons can access Hayward Birth Records online through the Alameda County Clerk-Recorder’s Office. Eligible parties such as the individual on the record and individuals directly related to the registrant like spouse, sibling, child, and parent or legal guardian can also access authorized copies of such vital records by mail.

Interested parties are required to send a notarized written application with the supportive documents to the:

Alameda County Clerk-Recorder’s Office
1106 Madison Street
Oakland, CA 94607.

The office charges $30 for copies of birth certificates and requires payments to be made in advance. In situations where records are searched for and not found, the office issues a “Certificate of No Record.”

Where and How to Find Hayward Death Records

The Alameda County Clerk-Recorder’s Office compiles, maintains, and processes requests for death records. Access to death records may only be permitted for persons directly related to the subject on records, such as a married partner, sibling, parents, children, or legal guardian. Residents who prefer to obtain records via mail can do so by sending a notarized written application with all the necessary supportive documents to the:

Alameda County Clerk-Recorder’s Office
1106 Madison Street
Oakland, CA 94607.

The County office charges $23 for copies of death certificates and requires payments to be made in advance. In situations where records are searched for and not found, the office issues a “Certificate of No Record.”