CALIFORNIA.STATERECORDS.ORG IS A PRIVATELY OWNED WEBSITE THAT IS NOT OWNED OR OPERATED BY ANY STATE GOVERNMENT AGENCY. is not a consumer reporting agency as defined by the Fair Credit Reporting Act (“FCRA”). You understand and acknowledge that these reports are NOT “consumer reports” as defined by the FCRA. Your access and use of a report is subject to our Terms of Service and you expressly acknowledge that you are prohibited from using this service and this report to determine an individual’s eligibility for credit, insurance, employment or any other purpose regulated by the FCRA.

ALERT provides access to CRIMINAL, PUBLIC, and VITAL RECORDS (arrest records, warrants, felonies, misdemeanors, sexual offenses, mugshots, criminal driving violations, convictions, jail records, legal judgments, and more) aggregated from a variety of sources, such as county sheriff's offices, police departments, courthouses, incarceration facilities, and municipal, county and other public and private sources. is a privately owned, independently run resource for government-generated public records. It is not operated by, affiliated or associated with any state, local or federal government or agency. is not a consumer reporting agency as defined by the Fair Credit Reporting Act ("FCRA") and should not be used to determine an individual's eligibility for personal credit or employment, tenant screening or to assess risk associated with a business transaction. You understand and agree that you may not use information provided by for any unlawful purpose, such as stalking or harassing others, and including for any purpose under the FCRA.

This website contains information collected from public and private resources. cannot confirm that information provided is accurate or complete. Please use any information provided responsibly.

By clicking "I Agree," you consent to our Terms of Use and are authorizing to conduct a people research to identify preliminary results of the search subject you entered. You understand and agree that search reports will only be available with a purchase.

Oakland Arrest, Court, and Public Records

How to Obtain Police Reports and Arrest Records

The Oakland Police Department (OPD) provides access to different types of public police records, including traffic collision reports, crime reports, offense reports, recordings, and department publications. Most of these reports can be obtained in person or by U.S. mail.

Who Can Request a Police Report?

In compliance with California laws, access to some police reports may be restricted to only authorized applicants. Requests can be made by witnesses or victims of a crime, insurance carriers, or legal representatives of victims. Requests for juvenile information will require the permission of the presiding judge of Juvenile court.

How to request for Police Records

Residents of Oakland can obtain public police records by sending a direct request to the department. Interested parties must complete a public records request form, providing their full name, address, the type of information requested, date of the incident, and citation number (if known). Written requests should be sent to the:

Public Records Request Coordinator
OPD Records Section
455 7th Street
Room 306 Oakland
CA 94607

Residents may also make in-person requests to view public records at the Records Division, 455 7th Street, Room 306. The office accepts walk-in requests from Monday through Friday, between 8:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. The department charges $0.05 per page for copies of a report.

How to Obtain a Vehicle Collision Report

Requests for vehicle collision reports can be made in person, by mail or online. To obtain a copy of the report in person, visit the:

OPD Eastmont Substation
Traffic Investigations Unit
2651 73rd Avenue
Oakland, CA 94605

The office opens between the hours of 11:00 a.m. and 2.45 p.m. The department charges a $25.00 fee for online requests and $20.00 for requests by mail. Written requests should be sent in a self-addressed stamped envelope with a check made out to the “City of Oakland”. Requesters must also provide a copy of a valid ID (involved party), a signed authorization release (for attorneys), or a policy/claim number (insurance representative).

How to Obtain Sex Offender Information

The Department of Justice for the State of California state provides a searchable online listing of registered sex offenders residing in Sacramento and other parts of the state. It contains general information such as names, address (partial or full) as well as photos. Searches can be made by name, zip code or using a geographic range.

How to Obtain Inmate Information

The Alameda County Sheriff’s Office maintains an online portal that provides general information on persons currently held in correctional inmate facilities in Oakland and other parts of the city. The locator provides an update on each inmate’s status, such as the location, the pending release date, and the expected release date. Residents can conduct searches using the inmate’s full name or person file number (PFN).

Court Records

The Alameda County Superior Court provides public access to a variety of records, including civil case records, information on family law and probate cases, and general civil cases. Some of these records may be accessed online. Other can be viewed in person at court locations in Oakland or other parts of the county. To search for court records in person, visit the public access terminal at the Oakland courthouse where the case was filed. Interested parties who are unsure of the case number may request a record search in person or by mail. The court charges a fee for this service.

How to Obtain Court Records Online

Members of the public may access case records through the court’s online portal. Interested parties can access information on family law, probate, and general civil cases with the DomainWeb portal. Requestors can conduct searches using the case number, date, or the name of parties involved. Requests for criminal case records can be made via the criminal records request portal. To access the platform, users must create an account and provide the full name of the defendant, as well as the docket number, date of conviction, or date of arrest. Application for traffic case records can be made at the traffic court.

The court charges a $15 fee for records that take longer than 10 minutes to find and $10 for files or documents stored off-site. A $25 is charged for any certified record or file. Requests for letters that carry the court seal and signature may be made in writing and sent to:

Attn: Criminal Division
East County Hall of Justice
5151 Gleason Drive,
Dublin, CA 94568

Conducting a search is subject to our Terms of Service and Privacy Notice.

Vital Records

Residents City of Oakland can obtain vital records at the county and state level. Eligible members of the public may apply for birth certificates, death certificates, and records of domestic partnership. A government-issued I.D may be required for most records. The Alameda county clerk-recorder office provides access to different country vital records, including birth, death and marriage certificates. Most of these records may be obtained online or in person at:

1106 Madison Street
Oakland, CA 9460

How to Obtain Divorce Records

The Alameda County Superior Court manages records of divorce decrees issued within the county. Eligible applicants can request records in person or by mail. The court charges $15 for a certified copy of a marriage or domestic partner dissolution request made by an applicant and $10 when the request is made by a public agency.

The Vital Records office of the California Department of Public Health also maintains marriage and divorce records for Oakland and other parts of the state. The records office issues certificates of record for divorces that were issued from 1962 to 1984. It includes the names of the involved parties, court case number, and the county where the divorce was filed. However, it does not include copies of the actual divorce decree.

How to Obtain Birth/Death Records

To order an unrestricted birth/death record, requestors must either be the named registrant or related to the registrant. Unrestricted records may also be released to third parties authorized to receive a certificate, such as an attorney, funeral director or representative of the estate. Eligible individuals can order a birth certificate via mail by sending a notarized, written application with supportive documents to the:

Alameda County Clerk-Recorder's Office
1106 Madison Street
Oakland, CA 94607

The office charges $30.00 per copy for birth certificates and $23.00 per copy for death certificates. Payments must be paid in advance. In situates where a certificate is not found, the office issues a Certificate of No Record.

Note: Same day requests for birth certificates from 1940 or death certificates from 1960 take an average of 24 hours to complete in most cases. Requests for birth certificates from 1880 to 1939 or death certificates from 1871 to 1959 take a minimum of 3 business days.